AnnaKate and my awesome (blogger) friend, Trinka, and awarded by Ella. Thank you so much, girls! Thanks to AnnaKate for thinking of me and including me in the people you chose to 'tag' - I really appreciate it, and am glad to have you for a follower (friend)! Since this post would be way long to complete both 'tags,' consider this "part one" (Trinka, watch for my answers to your 'tag' early next week, and Ella, there will be a proper post to notice your award, too).
The "rules" for this 'tag' are listed at the bottom of this blog post. First I need to post eleven random things about myself (which could be interesting - or really boring), then answer the questions AnnaKate asked and then come up with eleven new questions of my own for the people that I 'tag.' Okay... I think I've got all that in, so here we go - enjoy!
Pen and paper at the ready...
Eleven random things:
- I wasted an entire afternoon last week re-loading the photos on my blog after Google announced they are closing their editing portion of Picasa Web. The very nerve of Google!
- The Hunger Games was something I'd never even heard of until the movie news arrived
- For the past two and a-half years (or thereabouts), I've written for an awesome online e-zine - and love it! and...
- Currently I am attempting to come up with a good starting point for my next article
- My cousin and I were born ten years apart to the day, so for years, it was fun to be a "birthday twin"
- I don't like fish - as a meal
- I love tacos - especially taco salad and pizza (and if I do say so myself, I make a pretty good taco pizza. *wink*)
- Downton Abbey is one of my guilty pleasures (have I said that before?!)
- As a baby, I had light - almost blonde hair but in my teens, it turned a really dark brown
- Another guilty pleasure: Dancing with the Stars - on the rare occasion that I watch it
- I am considering chopping off a good portion of my hair and getting a new cut for my bangs
1) If you could be any fictional character or character from history, who would you choose?Hmmm... that is a tough one. I like to think it would be lovely to visit the eras of Jane Austen or Elizabeth Gaskell because I am such a fan of costume dramas. So given that, I think I'd be most likely to choose a character from any one of those author's heroines.
2) Onion rings, french fries, or tater-tots? Ummm... would it be horrible if I said all three? I love french fries, which is the one side dish I have most often but I also eat way too many onion rings and tater tots whenever they may be "on the menu" at my house.
3) What was your first word? Gosh... I don't think I've ever asked my mom.
4) If you could take a free flight to any country right now, where would you go? Europe. I would love to visit Ireland and England. Unfortunately, I do not see either of those trips happening anytime soon. (Anyone have some of those free tickets lying around?? *laughs*)
5) Coffee or tea? (Iced) Tea.
(are my answers boring you all yet? No... yes? Are you still there... If so, read on...)
6) What are you passionate about? Writing. For a long time, I had several "passions" that might be considered "hobbies" but they were things I was hoping to become good enough at that I might someday make it a career choice. Turns out, writing is what I love most, so it is where I have focused my attentions.
7) Who inspires you? Those who are unafraid to stand up and stand apart for their convictions is always someone that captures my attentions. I don't think there is anyone in the media eye that I consider a "role model" though. My family inspires me. Each of them have unique gifts and each of them have made me realize how fortunate I am to be a part of my family - during my growing up years, they have all inspired me in various avenues and choices in my life.
8) The world is ending. You have twenty-four hours. What do you spend your last day doing? That day would be spent with my family - because on earth, there is none more important to me. The truth is, we've haven't a clue when He will return - life is short as it is, so spend it wisely.
9) What's a movie you could see again and again? Yikes! There are too many to even begin to place in that category, but just to name a few...The Bourne Trilogy, Fireproof, The Proposal, She's the Man, and oh-so-many more (and that doesn't even take into account miniseries or TV shows!)
10) Do you prefer classics or new-books-on-the-block? The latter. For some reason as much as I want too, I cannot get through the classics - I think it is the drastic difference (the language and phrasing) in how novels were written then vs. today.
11) What's a quote you absolutely adore? Do you know... I don't know that one comes to mind...
Now for my NINE questions (I am lessening the questions since there is a "part two" coming):
- How did you get started blogging?
- What is one thing you cannot live without?
- Sweet or salty?
- In today's media eye, there are so many young people who are touted as "role models" - is there someone whom you admire who lives in the spotlight? If so, why?
- Do you think culture presents a realistic picture of reality?
- What are your thoughts on modern fashion and how to you define modest?
- Do you have a favorite (popular) book series?
- Do you like one big present or lots of 'little' presents?
- What is your favorite store to shop at?
1.) Post these rules
2) You must post 11 random things about yourself
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
4) Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5) Go to their blog and tell them they've been tagged